Services

How We Do It

Charlie invests 30% of his training in the classroom with the remaining 70% committed to one-on-one time with each salesperson—debriefing him after phone calls, accompanying him on face-to-face appointments and debriefing him after those appointments. Concurrently, Charlie devotes 100% of his training to teach the manager how to manage and mentor his/her staff.

Charlie recommends that each partner commit its manager(s) to spend the first 30 business days after Charlie’s training to intensively teach the staff to apply the “best techniques and practices” Charlie taught them. This will maximize the return on the investment you make in Charlie.

Every Sales and Service manager is strongly encouraged to participate in all of the five-day training sessions because their participation and “buy-in” is critical to ensure that they will provide all the necessary support to maximize ticket revenue and grow sales culture.

Each five-day training is based on our sport industry’s “best ticket sales techniques and practices”—which Bernie Mullin defined 14 years ago when he created the internationally respected Team Marketing and Business Operations for the NBA. Charlie focuses on acquiring face-to-face visits at stadiums, arenas and offices from both outbound and inbound phone calls.

At the conclusion of his training partnership, Charlie is available by phone, email and Skype, at no additional cost, for one year to help with any issues that might occur during his partner’s sales cycle.

Each training session includes the following topics with a strong emphasis on role-playing:

  • Introduction to the gatekeeper — outbound
  • Introduction to the prospect — outbound and inbound
  • Engaging in a two-way conversation in order to connect with the prospect
  • Assessing season/group potential
  • Asking for the face-to-face visit at the stadium, arena or office
  • Conducting an “exclusive behind the scenes” stadium/arena tour
  • Conducting office meetings along with out of office face-to-face time such as golf, meals, etc.
  • Reassessing season/group potential during and after the tour/face-to-face
  • Presenting our ticket plans/available seat locations and or group offers
  • Asking for the sale/add-on/up-sell
  • Asking for referrals
  • Asking for the sale/add-on/up-sell and referrals while on the initial phone call if the prospect does not want to come to the stadium/arena

back to top

Comments are closed.